Structured System of Control and Monitoring Engineering Systems of Buildings and Facilities (SMES)
A structured system of control and monitoring engineering systems of buildings and facilities (SMES) is a system built on the basis of software and hardware complex. It is designed for monitoring processes and ensuring proper work of equipment directly at potentially hazardous sites, in buildings and facilities, and data transfer about their condition via communication channels to duty and dispatching services of these facilities, for further data processing aimed at assessing, preventing and combating destabilizing factors in real time, as well as for emergency data transfer, including those caused by terrorist acts, to Integrated Dispatching Center (IDC).
In accordance with GOST R 22.1.12-2005, the idea of SMES is to ensure guaranteed sustainability of life-support systems, security and technological processes of the required quality at a potentially hazardous buildings and facilities.
SMES is a means of information support for the decision-making person in case destabilizing factors or emergency takes place. SMES is designed for centralized monitoring and supervisory control of engineering systems equipment of a facility.
SMES consists of the following systems:
- Data collection and reporting system;
- System of communication and control in crisis situations;
- System of monitoring engineering (bearing) structures, hazardous natural processes and phenomena (BSCS).
Objects of SMES control:
- Life-support and security system;
- ventilation and air conditioning, climate control;
- water and sanitation;
- power supply;
- gas supply;
- engineering complex of fire safety of the facility;
- lifting equipment;
- public warning system;
- alarm system and video surveillance;
- detection system of high levels of radiation;
- emergency hazardous chemically substances, bio-hazardous substances, significant concentrations of toxic and explosive gases, etc .;
- data transfer system;
- engineering structures (structural elements) of potentially hazardous buildings and facilities;
- technological equipment of facility.
Stages of SMES development.
- Development of special technical conditions for design, operation and maintenance of SMES at facility;
- Development of technical specification for SMES design, coordination and approval;
- Development of SMES project documentation;
- SMES project documentation support in state system examination and expertise;
- Developing SMES working documents (including development of regulations for IDC of a facility and IDCs of local authorities when receiving SMES messages, programming and testing SMES methods, obtaining required documents of approval;
- SMES construction and installation works;
- SMES commissioning works, including connecting SMES of the facility to SMES of local authorised bodies.